This boom boom sauce is insanely soft, creamy, sweet and one of my favorite sauce recipes. There is also a bit of spice but just enough to make you want more.
What Is Boom Boom Sauce
Boom boom sauce is the creamy and spicy sauce that’s served with boom boom shrimp.
Boom Boom Shrimp Sauce
The reason why this boom boom sauce is delicious and I like it so much is that it packs so different flavors that hit you all at once. This is really one of my favorite dipping sauce!
There’s a little bit of spice, sweet and savory, all at the same time.
It’s thick – but not like mayonnaise. The ingredients just work all together perfectly fine.
Plus this sauce is super easy to make and only takes 10 minutes!
Although you can buy it already prepared from the store, we can all agree that nothing beats the flavors of this homemade sauce!
What’s in Boom Boom Sauce
Here are the exact ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious sauce:
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise gives creaminess and tanginess to the sauce
- Spicy sauces: sweet chili sauce and sriracha sauce gives the sauce a sweet and spicy kick
- Yellow mustard: although mustard is not typically found in boom boom sauce, I like to add a teaspoon to enhance the overall flavor. If you’re not a huge fan, simply leave it
- Ketchup: ketchup adds a bit of sweetness to the sauce. But you can replace it with the same quantity of honey or sugar
- Seasonings: for this recipe, you’ll need onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Boom Boom Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time2 min
- Cook Time2 min
- Total Time4 min
- Yield8 tbsps
Chill Time: 1 hr (optional)
How To Make Boom Boom Sauce
Measure all of the ingredients into the mixing bowl.
Whisk (or stir) all of the ingredients together thoroughly. You should get a smooth and creamy texture.
Taste the sauce and add extra salt or seasonings according to your taste.
Put your sauce in the container, cover it, and store it in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve.
Tips and Tricks
- For an extra-tangy sauce, add a squeeze of lemon juice. You can also add a dash of lime juice for a flavor closest to the original version.
- Adjust the heat level. This mayonnaise-based dipping sauce recipe includes only 2 teaspoons of hot sauce, counterbalanced by the soft mayo and sweet chili sauce. Don’t hesitate to adjust and add more hot sauce for a spicy kick according to your taste buds.
- Experiment with different flavors. For a stronger nutty flavor, add 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil to this great dipping sauce.
What to Serve With Boom Boom Sauce
You can also use it as a marinade. This fun sauce is an excellent marinade base for meats or vegetables. Simply brush the food with the sauce and let marinate for at least one hour in the fridge before cooking.
Another excellent way to enjoy this creamy sauce is to dress it with greens. Or to insert between two layers of your favorite burger.
How To Store Boom Boom Sauce
- In The Fridge: This sauce will last for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Don’t Freeze: Boom Boom sauce doesn’t freeze well. The USDA recommends against freezing mayonnaise-based sauces because the mayo separates thawed. Then the sauce looks curdled.
Why Not Trying Another Spicy Sauce?
- Tex Mex Paste Hellofresh
- Juicy Crab Sauce Recipe
- Wingstop Atomic Sauce
- Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Recipe
Have You Tried This Sauce?
Tell me your feedback in the comments section! Was it enough sweet or spicy? I’d love to hear how it went for you! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐