This boom boom shrimp recipe is the perfect combination of creamy spicy and crunchy. Fried shrimp are coated in a smooth boom boom sauce for an explosion of flavors.
What Is Boom Boom Shrimp?
Boom Boom Shrimp consists of succulent shrimp coated with crispy batter and fried to golden perfection. It’s then tossed with the creamy, spicy and rich boom boom sauce bringing the whole dish to the next level.
Spicy Boom Boom Shrimp
This delectable Boom Boom Shrimp recipe is one of my go-to recipes when I’m starving for seafood (and let’s be honest, fried foods too).
And when the kids are in the mood for seafood too, I adjust the level of heat of the sauce.
Plus, it’s really easy to make. What I also love about this recipe is that it’s the kind of restaurant-quality dinner dish you can make easily at home, with basic ingredients and for a fraction of the price.
Trust me, every single bite of this dish leaves you wanting more. You will even wonder how it came out of your kitchen.
Boom Boom Shrimp Ingredients
You’ll need simple ingredients to make boom boom shrimp in the comfort of your own kitchen:
- Shrimps: for this recipe, you’ll need 16 – 20 peeled and deveined shrimp. I’ve used small shrimp for this recipe. Bigger sizes are often more suitable for this kind of dish, especially if you intend to serve it on its own. I’ve also used fresh shrimp. But if you don’t have access to them, frozen shrimp will work too! Simply make sure to pat them dry after thawing them, or the batter won’t stick.
- Flour: flour is the first coating in the breading process and gives a dry surface to stick to.
- Cornstarch: cornstarch makes the shrimp crispy
- Eggs: eggs act as a binder and help the cornstarch to adhere.
- Seasonings: this recipe calls for salt and pepper as seasoning
- Oil: Any vegetable oil will do for this recipe, but peanut oil is a popular choice for fried shrimp
- Boom boom shrimp sauce: of course, for boom boom shrimp, you’ll need boom boom sauce! Made with sriracha sauce and sweet chili sauce, it will bring sweet and savory heat.
Boom Boom Shrimp Recipe
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time35 min
- Servings3 to 4
- Yield16-20 pcs
How To Make Boom Boom Shrimps
Preparing The Two Mixtures
Add 2 eggs to a medium-sized bowl. Season with pepper and salt.
Whisk until well combined.
In a separate bowl, add the cornstarch and all-purpose flour. Whisk until fully combined.
You should have three bowls: one with the shrimp, another with the egg wash, and one last with the flour mixture.
Coating The Shrimp
Dip the shrimp into the egg wash. Then, dip it into the flour mixture.
Repeat this coating process for the remaining shrimp, until they are all coated.
Frying The Shrimp
Fill the skillet or deep pan with oil. Heat oil. Add your shrimp to the oil. Fry the shrimp and flip halfway through cooking.
Cook shrimp until you get a crispy batter and golden brown color. Drain any excess oil on a paper towel lined plate.
Combining With The Sauce
Add the deep-fried shrimp to a bowl and coat it in the boom boom sauce. Or add the sauce to the shrimp as a dipping bowl.
Serve the shrimp right away. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
What To Serve With Boom Boom Shrimp
How To Store Boom Boom Shrimp
- In the Fridge: store boom boom shrimp in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- In the Freezer: Freeze the shrimp without the sauce for approximately 6 months. If you coated the shrimp with the sauce, the USDA doesn’t recommend freezing. The mayonnaise-based sauce doesn’t freeze well, because the mayo separates when it thaws.
How To Reheat Boom Boom Shrimp
Since the shrimp is coated with sauce, you should pan-fry the shrimp to reheat it. Simply keep in mind they will not be as crispy as the fresh version.
Try These Next!
- Shrimp Chimichanga
- Subway Seafood Sensation Recipe
- Fried Mahi Mahi Recipe
- Barefoot Contessa Crab Cakes Recipe
- Lobster Garlic Noodles Yard House
Have You Tried This Boom Boom Shrimp Recipe?
Let me know in the comments section! Don’t hesitate to leave a review as well ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 28.3g Fat
- 48.7g Carbs