This Buffalo Wild Wings Mac and Cheese recipe isn’t just plain macaroni and cheese. With its tasty hot sauce, it adds spice to a classic comfort food.
This creamy dish contains all your favorite hot wing flavors, like fiery buffalo sauce. It’s the tangy, cheesy mashup that you’ve been waiting for.
Making macaroni and cheese from scratch seems like a pain, but this recipe makes it easy. Since everything is cooked in one pot, you can throw together this restaurant-worthy dish in under 30 minutes.
Serve this macaroni as an appetizer, a side dish, or as the whole meal! It contains pepper, onion, and chicken, so it’s both tasty and filling. This is a pasta that the whole family is guaranteed to enjoy.
Buffalo Wild Wings Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Prep Time30 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time60 min
How To Make It
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Add macaroni to a large pot of boiling salted water. Boil macaroni for 10-15 minutes, or according to package directions.
Once tender, drain the pasta into a colander and add to your baking dish.
Add cooked shredded chicken, onion, and diced bell pepper to the baking dish. Also add half the chopped green onions and half the shredded cheese. Stir until combined.
Place cream cheese, minced garlic, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese dressing into the blender or food processor. Mix until well blended and creamy. If it’s not spicy enough for you, add more buffalo sauce.
Pour the buffalo cheese sauce over the macaroni, chicken mixture, and vegetables. Mix well.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese onto the macaroni. Top with panko crumbs.
Bake the macaroni and cheese for about 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and the top is crispy.
Serve with a garnish of chopped green onions.
Tips and Tricks
- Choose boneless skinless chicken, since it’s easier to shred. You can use chicken breast, or chicken thighs if you like dark meat. You can even use shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Shred chicken by hand or in the food processor. Using the food processor only takes about 15 seconds. Otherwise, you can pull the chicken apart by using two forks.
- Add egg to the cheese sauce to make it even thicker and creamier.
- Cook the macaroni and cheese without a lid. The lid traps steam and will make the top layer of your macaroni soggy. Cook with the lid off to allow the panko on top to get nice and toasted.
- Use canned chicken if you’re short on time. Make sure you drain the liquid first.
What To Serve With Buffalo Wild Wings Mac n Cheese
- Chicken fingers,
- Curry Chicken Salad,
- Mar Far Chicken,
- Chicken Piccata,
- And many other delicious mac and cheese side dishes
More Pasta Recipes For You to Try
- 34.9g Fat
- 66.2g Carbs