Recreate the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green recipe easely in your own kitchen! This delicious recipe tastes great and helps your body detox at the same time.
The Tropical Smoothie Cafe is a popular chain of restaurants in the US. They serve sandwiches, wraps, flatbreads, salads, and of course healthy drinks including delicious fruit smoothies.
My copycat version of their original detox island green smoothie gives you the chance to make this refreshing drink at home. It’s easy to follow and involves simply blending banana, mango, pineapple, spinach, kale, and fresh ginger.
So give this detox island green smoothie recipe a try and help your gut out! If you don’t like eating lots of fruit and vegetables, it’s also a great way to add these important foods to your diet.
Benefits of The Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Ingredients
Bananas have lots of health benefits, including being great for your digestive and heart health. They contain good levels of nutrients such as vitamins B6 and C, potassium, manganese, and a decent amount of fiber.
And the antioxidants and minerals found in a banana will help your immune system to function properly. Plus, this fruit helps to protect your skin and aids your body in removing harmful toxins.
Apart from the fact that it tastes amazing, adding mango to your diet will also help to boost your health. It’s low in calories and also contains vital antioxidants and vitamins A and C that boost your immunity.
In addition, the carotenoids and polyphenols that this fruit contains are thought to have anticancer properties. Plus, the nutrients found in mango will support eye health and can improve the appearance of your hair and skin.
Despite its sweet taste, pineapple is low in calories and contains almost zero sodium, fat, and cholesterol. But by eating this fruit, you’ll find about 10% of your recommended daily fiber intake in one cup’s worth plus high levels of vitamins B and C.
Other nutrients found in this yummy fruit include manganese, which assists the formation of bones and your immune system. Pineapple will also promote better gut health in your body and help your metabolism to function correctly.
Fresh spinach is a great source of iron and so can help to keep your energy levels stable. It also has a lot of potassium which can help to keep your blood pressure low.
Plus, you’ll find high amounts of vitamins A, C, and K. These nutrients all help your bones and skin to remain healthy, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
This green superfood contains good amounts of protein and fiber, and has many health benefits. For example, it has folate (a B vitamin) that is vital to brain function and development.
And kale has minerals such as potassium, calcium, and zinc. All of its nutrients and vitamins help to lower cholesterol, and assist your body in preventing conditions such as asthma and arthritis, as well as cancer.
Ginger has been used for 100s of years because of its medicinal properties – and it also gives drinks and dishes a warm kick. Ginger is great for anyone wanting to detox as it helps to cleanse your body.
It assists and stimulates your digestive system and will help to flush out toxins and waste. Other benefits of ginger include lowering your blood sugar levels and helping you to fight off infections .
Tips For Making The Best Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Recipe
- Add The Ingredients in a Specific Order. The order in which you add your ingredients to the blender is important. Put the liquid components in before you add the fruit and vegetables, and this will help to prevent the blade from getting damaged.
- Adjust the Ingredients. If it’s too thick, you can always add some more water or ice. But if your smoothie mixture is too thin, add more of the bulky ingredients such as fruit and vegetables. This should give you a nice smooth consistency. Also, depending on your flavor preferences, add different amounts of frozen fruit. For example, extra banana or pineapple will make your tropical green smoothie sweeter, whereas more mangoes will give it an extra tang..
- Use Fresh Fruits. If you can’t find frozen fruit at your grocery store, fresh fruit is also fine to use in your island green smoothie recipe. But, remember to adjust the liquid amounts – fresh fruits do contain more water than frozen so you may need less water.
How To Make The Best Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time0 min
- Total Time10 min
- Servings1 drink
- Yield1 drink
- Blend the Ingredients
Add all of your ingredients to the blender. Remember, it’s best to add the water and ice first, followed by the frozen fruit, leafy greens, and ginger.
Blend your ingredients for around 30 seconds or until you have a smooth consistency. Add more fruit or water depending on if the mixture is too thin or thick.
Pour your detox island green smoothie into the tall glass and serve immediately. Sit back and enjoy the delicious tropical flavor!
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Variations
Substitute plain water for coconut water in your island green smoothie recipe. You’ll gain an extra tropical taste and also added health benefits.
This is because coconut water contains no fat or cholesterol and is low in calories. Plus, it has high levels of potassium which can assist your body in detoxing – this helps your body to remove excess sodium, which can also help lower your blood pressure.
For added flavor and a creamier detox island green smoothie, use coconut milk instead of water. It can help to improve your digestion and support better gut health.
Plus, coconut milk is high in electrolytes which support the cells of your body functioning properly. And again, this can also assist in getting rid of harmful toxins from your body which is what you want from a detox drink.
Chia Seeds or Flaxseeds
Adding seeds to your island green smoothie recipe will give you an extra crunch and will also benefit your health. Chia seeds contain lots of fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids that will help to regulate your blood sugar levels and digestion.
Flax seeds also have Omega-3 fatty acids that can help to keep your cholesterol low and promote good heart health. They also have an antioxidant called lignans, which is thought to help protect you against cancer.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Detox Island Green Storage Instructions
- This detox island green smoothie recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days. Remember to keep it in an airtight container that is filled completely, to prevent air from getting trapped inside.
- If you want to freeze your green smoothie, you can do so for up to about 3 months. Again, use an airtight container but leave a little room as the smoothie mixture will expand as it freezes.
Nutritional Tips and Advice
This copycat recipe of the detox island green smoothie can be recommended as helping to make your gut more healthy. The ingredients will help to get rid of toxins from your body and they also contain nutrients that will help your health in general.
And if you’re not a fan of eating tropical fruits and greens, this is one easy way to eat more of these, like in a lot of green smoothie recipes. All of the fresh produce is blended, leaving you with a drink that tastes amazing and gives you all the nutritional benefits of the fruit and veg.
But, you shouldn’t eat all of your fruit in smoothies. Once they are blended, fruits lose their fiber content and the fructose that they contain becomes free or added sugar.
And as we all know, having too many added sugars in your diet can increase your risk of Type 2 diabetes, damage your teeth, and lead to obesity. It’s recommended that a typical adult should consume only about 30g (which is about 7 cubes or teaspoons) of sugar daily. – Kirsten Mae Magbanua, RND
More Smoothie Recipes You Will Love:
- 1.1 gramsFat
- 52.2 gramsCarbs
- 5.3 gramsProtein
- Franciscanhealth.org - Health Benefits Of Chia, Flax And Hemp Seeds
- Jamaicanhospital.org - The Benefits of Coconut Milk
- Health.clevelandclinic.org - The Health Benefits of Coconut Water
- Healthline.org - Health Benefits of Ginger
- WebMD - Kale
- WebMD - Spinach
- Health.clevelandclinic.org - The Health Benefits of Pineapple
- Healthline.com - Benefits of Mango
- Healthline.com - Benefits of Banana