This homemade juicy crab sauce is incredibly easy to make in just 15 minutes. Use it for a seafood boil, with crab meat, cooked pasta or rice! This is truly an easy sauce to make from scratch and tastes like the real deal — if not better.
Juicy Crab Seasoning
Juicy Crab seasoning is a seasoning blend usually used in seafood boils.
The sauce features a good amount of butter, infused with fragrant flavors of garlic and onions. Soy sauce adds umami, while the hot sauce brings you that punch you’re looking for.
It’s then loaded with a bunch of delectable herbs and seasonings!
And even if the sauce looks less appetizing than it really is — it truly is delicious!
As the name suggests, this spicy seafood boil sauce is meant to be served with a seafood boil. I also like to use it as a dipping sauce and dunk boom boom shrimp, fried crab, and lobster meat into it!
Besides seafood boil, this sauce is irresistible with boiled potatoes, sausages, and corn on the cob!
Juicy Crab Sauce Ingredients
This spicy crab sauce uses ingredients you likely have on hand: butter, garlic and onion, soy sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, and a bunch of herbs and seasonings.
The resulting sauce is just the right balance of buttery, spicy and savory.
- Butter: Butter adds taste and flavor and reinforces the creamy, melt-in-the-mouth sauce character. But you can replace half of the butter with olive oil if you want to add a fruity taste.
- Condiments: Garlic and onions are condiments that add a pleasantly sharp and sweet flavor.
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce deepens the flavor and gives a strong umami taste from the fermentation process
- Hot sauce: Hot sauce is the spicy base for this juicy crab special sauce. I have included only one tablespoon of hot sauce on purpose. My children like this kind of sauce, so I make sure it’s not too spicy. But this juicy crab recipe usually calls for more heat. Don’t hesitate to add 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce. You can also make a mix and add 1 tablespoon of hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of Tabasco sauce.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice brighten the sauce by adding a hit of acidity,
- Seasonings: The sauce includes 10 different spices and seasonings, old bay seasoning, cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, powdered onion and garlic, accent flavor enhancer, smoked paprika, chicken bouillon, cayenne pepper and oregano. You can adjust the seasonings to your liking and add more herbs or spices. Don’t hesitate to replace the smoked paprika with red pepper flakes, for example.
Juicy Crab Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time15 min
For the juicy crab seasoning
How To Make Juicy Crab Sauce
Add all the dry spices to a medium bowl.
Whisk thoroughly until well blended.
Add 4 sticks of butter to a saucepan. Melt the butter over low heat.
Once the butter is liquid, add garlic and diced onion. Cook for 2 minutes.
Whisk the dry spices into the melted butter mixture. Let the mixture simmer for 1 minute.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil to combine all the ingredients.
Let the sauce cool, then serve with fresh seafood or in a shrimp boil, crab boil, or crawfish boil.
- Create a thicker sauce by adding flour. Just whisk together 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of water and combine this mixture with the seafood sauce.
More Sauce Recipes
- Boom Boom Sauce
- Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste
- Atomic Sauce Wingstop
- Mcdonald’s Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe
Tried This Recipe?
Let me know in the comment section, I’d be happy to have your feedback!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|