This Panera Green Smoothie is a delicious, refreshing drink, perfect for adding veggies to your diet without even noticing it!
This vibrant green smoothie is a delectable fresh mix of spinach, mango, and peach. And don’t worry about the spinach: the sweetness of mango and peach helps mask its slightly bitter flavor.
Plus, you only need a few simple ingredients and one minute to get this superb green creamy smoothie!
What I Changed
- Panera Bread uses white grape juice concentrate. I choose to add black grape juice for a stronger taste.
- The original recipe calls for fresh spinach but since I couldn’t find it at local stores, I used frozen, defrosted spinach instead. The taste remains the same, but the texture changes. Frozen spinach produces a softer and more delicate texture, while fresh spinach results in a more fibrous and chewy texture.
- The brand also mixes mango puree and peach puree concentrate instead of fresh fruits but I found it tastier to use fresh or frozen mangoes and peaches.
All About The Panera Green Smoothie Ingredients
- Spinach is a popular addition to fruit smoothie recipes because it blends seamlessly with other ingredients. It also has a light, delicate flavor that isn’t overpowering.
- Mangoes have a potent orange flesh which becomes extra creamy when blended, making them perfect for smoothies.
- Peaches don’t have as strong of a flavor as mango, so they’re not typically used in smoothies. But they add a summery taste that compliments the other ingredients perfectly!
- Fruit juice helps this copycat recipe blend easier, and adds even more flavor! Passion fruit juice is used to add a tropical taste. Grape juice concentrate adds sweetness without imposing too much on the overall flavor of the smoothie.
The Panera Bread Green Smoothie Recipe
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time0 min
- Total Time5 min
How To Make It
Pour the passionfruit and grape juice into the blender.
Add the spinach, peach, chopped mangoes, and ice.
Place a lid on the blender and blend until the ingredients are smooth.
Pour into a tall glass and serve.
- Start with the liquids first when you’re blending smoothies. This will protect the blades from frozen ingredients.
- Add less spinach but a touch of kale. Although this Green Passion smoothie includes only spinach, you can opt for kale too. Spinach is easier to disguise with other fruit flavors, whereas kale tends to be more noticeable. Reduce the quantity of spinach by ⅓ cup and replace it with kale.
- Play with the texture and the sweetness. If the texture of the smoothie is too thick you can add more liquids. Choose one of the juices of the recipe and adjust it little by little. For a creamier taste, you can include coconut milk or yogurt. On the contrary, if the texture is too liquid, add crushed ice.
- Add a scoop of protein powder or 2 tablespoons of chia seeds to make a more filling smoothie. This will boost the smoothie’s protein and fiber content, making it a great post-workout drink.
- Customize the recipe by using different juices. I used black grapefruit juice, but you can also use white grape juice. If you can’t find passion fruit juice, replace it with pineapple juice. Other great juices alternatives are apple juice or orange juice.
Did You Like This Recipe?
Let me know in the comments section! I’d love to hear your feedback. Don’t hesitate to leave a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 0.8g Fat
- 50.2g Carbs