This Pioneer Woman Banana Nut Bread is slightly sweet, extremely buttery and so easy to make! Serve with fresh fruit and cream cheese for a delectable afternoon snack.!
Banana Bread Pioneer Woman
This banana bread is a bit of a hit or a miss. And the divided reviews on the original recipe confirm that. In fact, the batter is very doughy, resulting in a dense caky texture.
At home, we love this kind of cake so much. So it’s always a success! (But to be honest, I adapted it a bit. Check my changes below!)
To us, its moist texture is ideal. Its banana flavor is subtle but addictive. It’s simply delicious.
Plus, you only need simple ingredients and 20 minutes of preparation. Ripe bananas are used, so you no longer need to throw them.
If you have any doubts about whether you should try it or not, you can check my video below! (and I guess that the pics speak for themselves too!)
My Version of The Pioneer Woman Banana Bread
- I’ve increased the amount of mashed banana.
- I’ve used a regular loaf pan, whereas Pioneer Woman uses a bundt pan in her banana bread recipe.
- I’ve skipped the baking soda but adjusted the baking powder (we don’t use baking soda in cakes in France)
- I’ve cut the sugar quantity and added only 1 cup. I’ve also used only one stick of butter instead of 2.
Pioneer Woman Banana Bread Recipe
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time1h10 min
- Total Time1h30 min
How To Make It
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, use a little butter to grease your loaf pan before adding a little flour too.
Mash the overripe bananas with a fork in a large mixing bowl.
Cream butter with sugar in another bowl.
Once you get the right texture, add the eggs gradually (add one egg then mix, add the other egg and then mix again etc..).
Add mashed ripe bananas and combine.
Next, take a separate bowl and add the dry ingredients. Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
Gradually add this flour mixture and the sour cream to the other ingredients in the larger bowl using your rubber spatula, alternating between the two.
Stir thoroughly until these ingredients are distributed in the mashed banana batter evenly.
Pour the prepared banana bread recipe into the loaf pan.
Allow it to bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Upturn the moist baked banana nut bread onto a cooling rack. Let it cool for a while before you slice it. Serve with a warming roasted potato leek soup, sweet potato omelette, or this Ina Garten dill potato salad.
- You can help the bananas to ripen by leaving them inside a brown paper bag in a warm place.
- Melted butter will flavor the banana nut bread. But if you only have vegetable oil to hand, this is a good substitute.
- Don’t overmix the banana nut bread ingredients. You’ll get the best results if you just combine the ingredients, whereas overmixing can lead to a tougher texture.
- You can add a glaze to this Pioneer Woman banana bread bake. Mix milk, rum, cream, and lemon juice (1 tablespoon each). Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and whisk your glaze until it has a smooth consistency. Once your banana bread is cool, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Add vanilla extract for more flavor, chopped walnuts or chopped pecans for a nutty touch or chocolate chips for more greed.
More Pioneer Woman Desserts
More Banana Bread Recipes
Did You Like This Recipe?
Let me know in the comment sections! And don’t forget to leave feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 29 g Fat
- 65.3 g Carbs
- 9.5 gProtein