This Red Lobster Cajun Chicken Pasta copycat recipe is the ultimate comfort food, perfect for winter weeknight dinners! It’s so easy to make in a skillet and has delectable cajun flavors that you’ll love!
Red Lobster Cajun Chicken Pasta
If you’re looking for a way to elevate your next pasta chicken night, or to use leftover chicken, you’ve come to the right place.
This delectable cajun chicken alfredo dish brings together spicy, tender chicken breasts with al dente cooked linguine and a rich creamy sauce made with bell pepper and onions.
Plus, it’s really easy to make and takes only 10 minutes of preparation (+ 20 minutes of cooking).
The whole family will love all of the flavors of the dish, craving for more.
Although this creamy cajun chicken pasta is complete and absolutely delicious on its own, you can pair it with some sides. Complement with a fresh coleslaw salad, garlic bread, steamed broccoli, or rice.
Red Lobster Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time20 min
- Total Time30 min
- Yield2 servings
For The Chicken and Pasta
For The Cajun Seasoning Mix
For the Sauce
How To Make It
Preparing The Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package, until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
Drizzle a small amount of vegetable oil over the pasta to prevent it from sticking together (not too much or the sauce will slide off).
Seasoning and Sautéing The Chicken
In a mixing bowl, mix with a fork all the spices of the cajun mix blend. Place the chicken strips in the bowl.
Stir until the chicken is completely coated with the spices.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add butter and melt it. Then add the chicken to the skillet.
Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is almost cooked.
Cooking The Vegetables
Add the sliced green and red bell peppers, along with the onion to the skillet.
Cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes until they’re cooked but still crunchy.
Making The Sauce
Lower the heat and add cream to the skillet, blending it harmoniously with the other ingredients. Add the salt, pepper, basil, and chopped garlic to the skillet.
Cook the ingredients until the cream is heated and everything is well combined.
Finally, add the cooked linguine to the skillet.
Toss it with the cream sauce.
Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately with a glass of white wine and a piece of Pioneer Woman Apple Crisp for dessert.
- Double the quantity for a family dinner. The quantity is intended for 2 people as it’s a one-pot dish where the vegetables, sauce, chicken and pasta are all cooked together. If you plan to double the quantity, make sure to use a larger pot.
- Cook the pasta until al dente (approx. 8 min.). It’s important to slightly undercook the pasta as it will continue to cook when mixed with the sauce. Cooking pasta longer than al dente may result in a mushy pasta dish.
- For a shortcut, use premade cajun seasoning. I prefer to make my own cajun spice blend, as I find it tastier. But to cut the preparation time, you can use 4 teaspoons of store-bought cajun blend mix.
- To create a creamier and thicker sauce, combine heavy cream and cream cheese. Instead of adding 1 cup of heavy cream, use a mixture of ½ cup of heavy cream and ½ cup of cream cheese. Make sure to soften the cream cheese by stirring it with the heavy cream before incorporating it into the pan.
- Feel free to experiment with different types of pasta. This copycat recipe calls for linguine. But you can try using fettuccine pasta or any pasta of your choice. The type of pasta doesn’t impact the dish, it’s mostly a matter of personal preference.
How to Store
- In The Fridge: You can store this Red Lobster Cajun Chicken Pasta in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- In The Freezer: If you’re freezing leftovers, they will keep fresh for a maximum of 3 months. However please note that heavy cream doesn’t freeze well. When it’s thawed, heavy cream tends to separate, and the texture changes. I recommend cooking a smaller portion and consuming them while it’s still fresh.
Reheating Pasta With Sauce
- The most efficient way to reheat pasta tossed in the sauce is in the microwave. The time required will vary based on your specific model, but it should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- If you don’t have a microwave, you can also reheat the pasta on the stove. Place a frying pan over low heat and add a few tablespoons of water. Add the pasta to the pan, cover it with a lid, and let it cook for about 30 seconds. Remove the lid, stir the pasta, then cover it again and let it cook for another 30 seconds. Repeat this process until the pasta is fully heated.
Other Chicken and Pasta Dishes You’ll Love!
- Buffalo Wild Wings Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Portobello Mushroom Chicken
- Rigatoni D Recipe
- Crispy Chicken Fritta
Have You Tried This Recipe Yet?
Let me know in the comment section your thoughts! Your feedback is important to me. Don’t hesitate to add a rating. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 39g Fat
- 97.1g Carbs
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|