This Subway Seafood Sensation Recipe is perfect for any seafood lover.
It has a delicious blend of imitation crab, creamy mayonnaise, and tangy sour cream. Combine these ingredients with sturdy succulent bread to make the most amazing sandwich imaginable.
Plus, this crowd-pleasing recipe doesn’t take much time or effort to make. You just have to shred the imitation crab meat that you combine with the other ingredients!
Serve in freshly baked bread to make a delectable sandwich or with french fries and chocolate chip cookies for a satisfying meal.
Subway Seafood Sensation Recipe
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time0 min
- Total Time1h5 min
- Yield4 sub sandwiches
How To Make It
Use a fork to shred the imitation crab meat. Add imitation crab, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and spices to a bowl.
Blend with a spoon and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
Take your favorite bread and spread out one to two tablespoons of this seafood salad filling. Add your favorite veggies and close the sandwich. Enjoy!
Choices of Bread
The Subway Seafood Sensation is traditionally served on a sub roll, a light and soft bun sturdy enough to hold any fillings. But you can substitute sub roll with other sturdy bread options.
This seafood delight recipe contains mayonnaise, sour cream and imitation crab, which all are wet ingredients.
It’s important to choose a sturdy enough bread for a subway seafood sensation sandwich so that it can hold up the moist ingredients and prevent the sandwich from becoming soggy.
- Amongst sturdy bread, opt for Italian bread. Unlike french bread, Italian bread contains milk or olive oil, making it more similar to soft bread. It also uses hard wheat flour, giving the bread a higher gluten content, responsible for its firm and dense texture.
- Whole wheat bread is also considered sturdy because it contains whole wheat flour. This type of flour has more fiber and protein than white flour. The fiber gives the bread a chewy texture and helps to retain moisture.
- French baguette is a popular choice for sandwiches due to its airy texture. And of course, my favorite bread option! It’s not as sturdy as the other options I listed, still it’s flavorful. Simply make sure not to overload it with the wet mixture.
- Some people like to wrap the mixture in tortillas and use it as a pinwheel sandwich filling. If you’re also a fan of this kind of sandwich, it’s best to use a whole wheat or corn tortilla as they have a denser texture. You can also pair it with a slice of cheese and lettuce to create a barrier and prevent the tortilla from becoming too wet.
- Seafood subway sensation is a great mixture for a salad topper. With arugula salad, onion slices, tomatoes, boiled eggs and cucumber slices, you have a healthy, filling meal.
- For a fun combination, add to eggs benedict and creamy hollandaise.
- And if you mix the leftovers with cooked pasta, you end up with a fresh and delicious pasta salad.
- In the Fridge: You can store imitation seafood with mayonnaise in the refrigerator for approximately 3-4 days.
- Don’t Freeze: I don’t recommend freezing this mixture, because the dressing contains dairy, which tends to separate. You’ll end up with a watery dressing and an unpleasant texture.
Try These Next!
- Boom Boom Shrimp Recipe
- Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base Recipe
- Honey Gold Chicken Wing Sauce Recipe (Tested)
- Shrimp Chimichanga Recipe
Did you Enjoy My Recipe?
And most important, have you tried it ? Let me know in the comments section! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 6.9g Fat
- 51.2g Carbs