These Taco Bell Cinnabon delights are an absolute treat that’s hard to resist.
They are sweet, gooey, and soft on the inside, while crispy on the outside. The warm and fluffy dough is filled with a decadent stuffing of cream cheese, cinnamon, and sugar that just melts in your mouth.
And you don’t need to be an experienced baker to master these scrumptious delights. The recipe is really simple and uses readily available ingredients that you mix together and then fry.
Serve them with caramel ice cream or topped with caramel sauce. They’re so good, your whole family will think they come straight from the bakery!
Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights Ingredients
- Flour: just like any baked goods, you’ll need flour. All-purpose flour gives the batter structure and brings it together.
- Sugar: sugar is a sweetener that adds taste.
- Baking powder: baking powder is a leavening agent that will make the batter rise.
- Salt: just like sugar, salt gives more taste to the Cinnabon delights.
- Egg: an egg is enough to add moisture and richness
- Milk: milk is added to the batter and the filling.
- Butter: melted butter adds moisture, flavor, and tenderness.
- Oil: oil is used here to fry cinnabon delights
- Cinnamon powder: mixed with sugar, cinnamon gives the Cinnabon its particular flavor.
- Cream cheese: cream cheese is used in the filling, together with a bit of milk, vanilla, and sugar.
Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights Recipe
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield20 cinnamon delights
For the Delights:
For the Cinnamon Sugar:
For the Filling:
How to Make Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights
Making The Dough Batter
Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
Add the egg, melted butter and milk to the dry ingredients mixture.
Stir until combined.
Making The Cinnamon Sugar
In a separate small bowl, combine the cinnamon with the powdered sugar.
Frying The Cinnamon Balls
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet or frying pan on high heat.
Using a spoon, carefully drop small balls of the donut batter into the hot oil. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes until they have a lovely golden brown color.
Take a slotted spoon and remove the balls from the frying pan. Remove any excess oil with a paper towel-lined plate.
Then place the cinnamon rolls into your cinnamon sugar. Coat each piece thoroughly by rolling them around in the mixture.
Filling the Donuts
Whisk the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and cream cheese until well combined.
Gradually add the milk until you get the right thick consistency.
Spoon the cream cheese icing into a piping bag. Create a whole in the donut pieces with a knife and fill the inside of the Cinnamon delights. Move the piping bag around as needed until all the donuts are filled.
Serve and enjoy.
Pro Tips for Making the best Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes before frying the cinnabon ball. The dough will slowly rise and give the rolls a fluffier and extra soft texture. Simply make sure to stir the dough before frying.
- For perfectly round donuts, form balls with your hands instead of using a teaspoon. Roll out the dough in your hands before frying it to achieve a beautiful round shape. Remember to lightly flour your hands before forming the dough into balls. Although my recipe calls for using a teaspoon, my Cinnabon delights may not have a uniform shape, and that’s okay. Homemade cooking is not always about perfection, and I find that this adds to their authenticity.
- Fry the donuts in a deep frying pan with large sides. I use a cast iron skillet, but I recommend you choose a deep frying pan with large sides to ensure that the doughnuts are fully immersed in oil. In the pictures, my delights may appear a bit flat because my cast iron skillet wasn’t deep enough.
- Make sure the filling has a thick consistency. If your filling is too liquid, it will seep out and spoil the doughnuts. To prevent this, add the milk gradually and avoid adding too much at once. If the filling becomes too thin, you can thicken it by adding more cream cheese.
- Wait until the doughnuts are completely cooled before filling them. Filling them while still warm can cause the filling to melt.
- Experiment with the fillings and flavors. For a different tasting experience, add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the cinnamon sugar mixture. You can also replace the cinnamon spice with 4 épices. It includes cinnamon but also nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Use a disposable piping bag. Reusable piping bags may generate less waste, but they have drawbacks too. They are hard to clean and less hygienic. Plus you can’t adapt the size of disposable bags to the food you want to fill in with. I strongly recommend using disposable piping bags instead.
- In the Fridge: Store the Cinnabon delights in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- In The Freezer: You can also store the fried dough balls without the cream cheese filling in your freezer for about 3 months.
- Pioneer Woman Peach Cobbler With Canned Peaches
- No-Bake Cookies
- Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- Panera Shortbread Cookie Recipe (Copycat)
- Pioneer Woman Apple Crisp Recipe
The best way to reheat is by using your oven. Preheat to 350°F and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until you get a warm Cinnabon.
Keep an eye on your delights though, the risk is to overheat the balls. If this happens, this may change the dough and filling texture.
Try These Next!
Have You Tried This Recipe?
Let me know in the comments section! And don’t hesitate to leave a rating. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 9.3 g Fat
- 15.8 g Carbs
- 1.2 gProtein