This copycat Trader Joe’s bruschetta sauce is always a hit! Topped on crunchy Italian bruschetta bread, this sauce combines succulent tomatoes, fresh herbs, and fruity olive oil for an explosion of flavor.
Trader Joes Bruschetta
I’ve been making this recipe for years. And it never failed to satisfy our tomato cravings.
This bruschetta sauce is tangy, sweet and fresh, all at the same time. It’s simply delicious.
And it’s so versatile that it can pair with almost anything. Even if I typically spread this sauce on Italian Bruschetta bread or on French bread, or use it as fajita fillings.
The original recipe calls for tomatoes, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, basil, canola oil, sea salt, garlic, sugar, and black pepper.
Plus, this recipe is ready in 10 minutes max.
Check out how easy this is!
Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Sauce
- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time0 min
- Total Time20 min
- Yield5 cups
How To Make It
Drain the canned tomatoes.
Add tomatoes, garlic, red onion, basil, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a medium bowl.
Combine well until they come together.
Then add salt and pepper to season the mixture.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse.
Serve with toasted bruschetta bread or grilled bread. It can also be served warm.
- I used canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes because it can be difficult to find good fresh tomatoes all year round. Plus, since they’re picked during the peak season, they’re full of flavor. Of course, using ripe and juicy tomatoes that are in season is also possible. If you choose fresh tomatoes, pick Roma or plum tomatoes since they’re less watery.
- Draining the canned tomatoes removes excess liquid and prevents this homemade bruschetta sauce from being too watery.
- This recipe includes a lot of olive oil on purpose. When the oil touches the bread, the bread absorbs it, giving it a pleasantly fruity, peppery taste. If you like it, brush the bread with olive oil before toasting it. This will give it a golden color and a crust to hold up the juicy sauce.
- Add sliced mozzarella or parmesan cheese, gorgonzola, bacon, and prosciutto to make a heartier bruschetta. You can also include more spices like oregano and parsley for an aromatic flavor or add chili flakes to make it spicier.
Ways to Enjoy Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Sauce
- Besides the traditional way, you can also put it on sandwiches, use it as a pizza sauce or put it on vegetables.
- Another way to use TJs bruschetta sauce is by dipping bread or crackers in it. You can also use it in salad dressings, as a pasta sauce, or spreading it over or as sides to chicken dishes or scrambled eggs.
More Sauces Recipes
Did You Like This Recipe?
Leave a review and a comment to let me know! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 19.4g Fat
- 26.4g Carbs
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|