This Wingstop ranch sauce copycat recipe is deliciously creamy and tangy and perfectly thick! And it tastes just like the real deal. Serve with chicken wings, wraps, nachos and so much more!
Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe
Wingstop ranch dressing is not a sauce we usually eat in France, except in burgers. But I have to admit: this sauce is so flavorful and rich that I serve it with almost anything!
The best part? It requires only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make.
For this recipe, I used a homemade version of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. But using Hidden Valley Ranch mix is a great shortcut. So don’t bother!
Wingstop Ranch Ingredients
- Buttermilk and mayonnaise: the base for this wingstop dressing is a mix of buttermilk and mayonnaise
- Seasonings: this ranch dressing uses various seasonings but what sets it apart from other ranch dressings is that it uses Hidden Valley Ranch mix. It also contains dried dill and dried parsley
How to Serve Wingstop Ranch Dressing
Wingstop ranch dressing is delicious when served with chicken wings or tenders, vegetable sticks like carrots or celery, French fries or as a salad dressing.
Wingstop Ranch Recipe (Copycat)
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time0 min
- Total Time35 min
- Yield1 1/4 cups
Chill Time: 30 min (optional)
How to Make Wingstop Ranch
Add the buttermilk, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, and ranch packets to the mixing bowl.
Whisk until it’s thoroughly mixed.
Cover the bowl with the lid or plastic wrap, and let it chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
Ranch Sauce Substitutions
- This delicious buttermilk ranch uses the original flavor Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets. If you don’t have one, you can easily make homemade ranch seasoning. For this, simply combine 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp dried deel weed, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp basil, ½ tsp black pepper and ½ tsp salt and voilà! 1 packet will make 1 tablespoon of this homemade mix.
- If you can’t find buttermilk, you can also make your own. And I often use this solution at home (tried and tested!). For one cup of buttermilk, mix 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 10 minutes, it will start to curdle. Stir the mixture and it’s ready!
- For a healthier version of this homemade ranch recipe, you also substitute the mayonnaise with sour cream or yogurt.
How Long Does Wingstop Ranch Last in the Fridge
Homemade ranch dressing contains fresh ingredients and dairy products. So store for a maximum of 5-7 in the fridge. Don’t freeze. And if you have any doubt about freshness, check for any odors or changes in texture.
What Ranch Does Wingstop Use?
Wingstop uses ranch dressing dry seasoning packets from the brand Hidden Valley, just like many restaurants in the USA.
How Does Wingstop Make Their Ranch?
According to Wingstop employees, Wingstop makes their rand with “three gallons of mayonnaise, six cartons of buttermilk and nine packets of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning.”
Did You Like My Recipe?
Let me know in the comment section what you think of this copycat Wingstop ranch recipe. I’d love to hear from you! And don’t forget to leave a rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Newsweek – Wingstop Worker Shows How Its Ranch Dressing Is Made: ‘Why It’s So Good’